1. All India Hotel Management Entrance Exam NCHMCT-JEE
Aim : Admission in B.Sc Hospitality & Hotel Administration
Eligibility –Class 12
Website : www.nchmct.org/
2.Oberoi STEP 2017: Application Form, Selection Process, Important Dates
Oberoi STEP 2017: applications will be invited by Oberoi Group for admissions to 3 year undergraduate Hotel Management course through Oberoi STEP 2017(Systematic Training and Education Programme). Applications for the same will be available in the month of February 2017.
Oberoi School of Hotel Management offers two Programs/Courses in the discipline of Hotel Management. The name of the programmes is following
- Kitchens Operations Programme: The Kitchen Operations Programs usually comprises of education and training in the Indian and Western Kitchens, beside this it also provides education in concerning kitchen operations such as Cold Kitchen, Bakery, and Pastry
- The Hotel Operations Programme: This course mainly consists of various sections within the three Primary Hotel Operations Department, such as Food and Beverage, Front Office and Housekeeping
Eligibility Criteria For Oberoi STEP
- • Aspirants desiring to appear in STEP 2017 need to fulfill prescribed eligibility criteria before apply for Online Application Form. The eligibility conditions are as follows:
- • The applicants must have done class 12th as on 1st July of the admission year from a board recognized by the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU).
- • Eligibility for Hotel Operations Program (Food and Beverage Service/ Front Office focus) and Kitchen Operations Program: The applicant should have scored at least 61% marks or above, in English in class 10th. The same in CBSE is a 7.0 Grade Point or a B2 Grade.
- • Eligibility for Hotel Operations Program (Housekeeping mainly): The applicant should have scored minimum 51% marks or above, in English in class 10; the same in CBSE is a 6.0 Grade Point or a C1 Grade.
- • Age limit: The applicant should be above 18 years and below 20 years of age, as on the year of commencement of the program.
The selection of candidates will be done on the Basis of the Group Discussions and Personal Interview. There will be no Entrance Examinations conducted by the institute for the motive of Admissions
All the aspirants are needed to register themselves for the program, which includes three Stages/Rounds
Round 1: Candidates will be categorized or segregated into groups of 15-20 in this round. Here, they have to go through some rounds of questions and other activities. The main motive of this round would be to judge and evaluate speech and self-confidence of candidates.
Round 2: candidates shortlisted in first round will go through this round. In this round candidates will be called for face to face interview with the OCLD Faculty Members, who would again evaluate the applicants Potential and ability for Hospitality
Round 3: Here, Candidates shortlisted from Round 2 will be called for the Purpose of Counseling and direction. It will held in the Month of July 2017
Application Form: How to apply
Application Form for Oberoi STEP 2017 will be available from the month of February and will last till March 2017. Candidates can fill the application in online mode by following these below steps.
Step 1: Fill the application Form- An online application for STEP is usually available every year by the month of February, which candidates have to fill and submit online. Candidate must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility conditions before filling this form
Step 2: Select the location and date for your Selection Process – Options to choose the city, date and time for your selection process will be available by February.
Step 3: Print and Submit the application Form – candidate should take a printout of their duly filled application form. Bring this completely filled application form along with one recent passport size photograph on the scheduled date of your selection process.
Candidate can check their STEP 2017 result online through official website link. Result will be made on the basis of candidate’s performance in personal interview and group discussion round.
• STEP 2017 registration will starts from: February – March 2017
• Selection Process will be organized in: April – May 2017
• Offer Letter will be send to candidates on: June 2017
• The declaration of STEP 2017 result: on the end of April or first week of May 2017
• The course will begin from: In the month of August 2017
The Oberoi Group contact details
(Careers at the Oberoi Group), the Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development, 7 Sham NathMarg, Delhi-110 054, India