INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SPACE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
(Government of India, Department of space),Thiruvanantpuram.
- • IIST is situated at Valiamala 20 km away fromThiruvanantpuram.
- • The idea of such an institute was keeping in mind the need for high quality man power for the Indian Space Research Organization.
- • ISRO is one of the world’s leading scientific organization engaged in space research and space applications.
- • IIST has signed a MoU with USRA( Universities Space research Association ) of USA and California Institute of Technology.
- • Under this scheme selected students can do their project work/Internship in USA.
- • The Topper of the B.Tech( Aerospace Engineering) will be sponsored to undergo an intense 9 months programme at California Institute of Technology .
- • B.Tech 4 Year (Aerospace Engineering) -60 Seats
- • B.Tech 4 Year ( Avionics)- 60 Seats
- • Dual Degree -5 Year ( B.Tech+ Master of Science/Master of Technology)-20
The 5 Year Dual Degree Programme leads to B.Tech Degree in Engineering Physics and any of the following Post Graduate Degree Specializations:
- Master of Science (Astronomy & Astrophysics)
- Master of Technology (Earth System Science)
- Master of Science (Solid State Physics)
- Master of Science ( Optical Engineering)
IIST provides financial assistance funded by the Department of Space for students admitted to UG Programme. The Assistance ship covers the expenses e.g. Tuition Fee, Hostel & Dining Charges,EstablishmentCharges,Student Amenity Fee,Medical Fee, Book Allowance of Rs.3000 per semester is also provided. No fee at the time of admission at IIST.
Eligibility : PCM Students with Minimum 75 % marks aggregate in the 12 th class.
Admission Criteria : Students must qualify to appear for JEE Advanced Exam.
Minimum 73 Marks out of 366 aggregate and minimum 5% marks ( 6 out of 166 ) in each of PCM.
Contact Details: Online Application Portal:
Online Registration Starts on 1 st June 2017 ( As on Date)
Online Registration Closes on : 15 th June 2017 ( As on Date)
Absorption in ISRO/DOS: ISRO has the first right to absorb them.
B.Tech Last year 2016 Cutoff (JEE MAIN RANK LIST-ALL INDIA CATEGORY WISE)
- • Aerospace Engineering –General
- Open -335, Close-4450
- • Avionics - General
- Open -1202, Close-5689
- • Dual Degree –General